Friday, September 1, 2017

My Pre-Op Appointment

My mom drove me down to Ogden the day before pre-op. We were able to get a room at the Annie Taylor Dee Guest House on the hospitals campus. It is amazing, and I will be staying here until I am cleared to leave after surgery. I was thankful for my mom's company, it helped keep my mind off of my nerves. When we arrived at Dr. Arringtons office, all the staff was sweet and helpful. We caught a glimpse of Dr. Arrington in the hallway being goofy. That right there gave me a sigh of relief. He was not a cranky unfriendly guy. While I realize that not all great surgeons have great bedside manner I was relieved he did. I was a huge bundle of nerves. His nurse brought me back and went through all of my history making sure they had not missed anything. She asked me if I had right shoulder pain, uhh yeah, but what does that have to do with anything? Apparently it can go along with Endometriosis on the diaphragm. I have had shoulder pain off and on for years with no explanation. After we were done talking to the nurse, Dr. Arrington came in to visit for a bit before I got ready for a pelvic exam. The pelvic exam was painful, and most of the pain was contained to the uterus. He felt that if I had Endo it wasn't severe. I got changed and we went into his office to go over surgery details. I feel confident he will do his best to make sure there is no Endo and that the Hysterectomy goes well. Because of my previous chest pain he put in an order for a pre-op ekg.   They will have photos and videos available for us after surgery which is cool.
The next day I got registered with the hospital and got my EKG done. Everyone at the hospital has been super nice and helpful. My mom flew out and I am just enjoying peace and quiet this weekend.
My husband will fly in Monday morning and then yikes Surgery Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Details and Update with Dr. Duke

Surgery was 8/2/18.  Hubby and I drove over the night before surgery. No bowel prep made it nice! We arrived at the hospital at 7 am.  Pap...