Friday, January 26, 2018

Swollen Inguinal Lymph Node UPDATE

Yesterday I drove 2.5 hours to see my old doctor, well actually she is a FNP, but is super awesome.  I started the morning out with bloodwork.  She tested for everything, seriously....when the lab tech printed the labels they just kept printing and printing and printing.  Everything from HIV to Thyroid and Cholesterol.  Then later in the morning I had my u/s.  I was irritated with the tech, I know they aren't supposed to give info on what they see but she said, well yeah, I guess its swollen, but it looks normal to me.  Something about it being flat. But of course didn't give me dimensions, so I was worried maybe the lymph node had gone down and we didn't really find the cause of my pain.  Not that I didn't wish my lymph node was getting better, but my pain was not, so it would have left us scrambling for more answers.  I was super nervous about my appointment with the FNP.  I love her to death, but have been blown off so many times by other docs now I guess you could say I have PTSD over it.  When I got to the appointment she went over the U/S results. It was still huge although had changed a tiny bit. But it is still 1 cm on the short axis and 4.2 cm in length, yes that is centimeters not millimeters. She said to me I just couldn't fathom that it was actually that big on the first u/s, and when it came back that big again I knew we needed to take action. Looking on the tape measure, trying to wrap her head around how big it is.  She said I need to speak with the surgeons and left the room immediately. I could hear her across the hall, frustrated because both surgeons were not available and left a stern message with the receptionist for them to call her back asap.  After a while she came back in to tell me she hadn't got through to the surgeons but talked to another doctor about what was going on.  He concurred that the node needed removed in his opinion, that although it had a normal shape, the size was way too abnormal to leave any longer.  So now we wait to hear back from surgeons.....I will be happy to have some answers, but we have ruled out a lot of the more common and less dangerous reasons for a lymph node to be that size and the possibility of cancer is freaking scary. I woke up just sick to my stomache with worry this morning at 5 am.  I worry about cancer, I worry how we will deal with another surgery, who will help with the kids, if hubby can take more time off work and of course the cost. Here is an image to give you an idea on the size of the lymph node, so 8mm shorter than the size of the lime only flatter and narrow, and is located deep in my groin. No wonder it freaking hurts when I bend my leg and squash that area. She is out of the office today and told me that she would get back to me on Monday with more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Details and Update with Dr. Duke

Surgery was 8/2/18.  Hubby and I drove over the night before surgery. No bowel prep made it nice! We arrived at the hospital at 7 am.  Pap...